Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

aircraft xray

Aircraft Xray - If you've driven Route 1A through Boston's Logan Airport in the past decade, you'll be familiar with the work of Nick Vissey, a British photographer whose life-size radiographic images of Boeing 777s graced the side of United. An airline hangar until last summer.

During a career spanning nearly 20 years, Veasey, 51, a former executive, has X-rayed thousands of people. His work has been shown in galleries around the world, and last month he published X-Ray: See Through the World Around You, a collection of his sensitive, intelligent, and beautiful paintings.

Aircraft Xray

Aircraft Xray

The craft, said to be the largest X-ray ever taken, is made up of 500 separate exposures, made in the photographer's premier "bunker" outside London. But the size and drama of the 777 image is deceiving. Visci VT shines a light on the beauty hidden in the parts of everyday life: boxers, dolls, piercings.

Non Destructive Inspection Finds Failures Before They Start > Joint Base San Antonio > News

The suggestion of death in Visie's work is clear - we are reminded of hospital visits, the consequences of airport security, ghosts. But if his X-ray of the cross-legged image reads the newspaper as a kind of glowing memento mori, curiosity is evident in his large project, the attempt to discover the elements of life, seems the opposite of sadness. His work reminds you of a child picking up a tape recorder, marveling at the intricate weaving of wheels and wires required to make music.

Here, in his own words, Weezy gives us a quick look inside his head. This transcript has been condensed and edited from a telephone interview.

Even as a child, I was interested in how to work. I started taking x-rays about 20 years ago after being asked to make Pepsi cans for a TV breakfast show. I just kept going from there. I like it. I used to X-ray everything that I found that looked cool. I'm trying to be more organized now, but I still use a lot - I can't help it. I am overstimulated.

About 80 percent of my work is art, and 20 percent is commercial. I would say we shoot 200 pictures a year; Many of them have never seen the light of day.

Airplane Xray Images, Stock Photos & Vectors

I usually have about 15 projects on the go. I am currently working on several classic cars such as E-Type Jags, Ford Mustangs. I found a way to do it without taking it apart, which is good. I also do one of the rifles. They are death machines, scary things, but when you x-ray, they are beautiful.

I'm doing another project with an avant-garde shoe manufacturer in Germany, one of which is making heels out of human teeth. I couldn't resist the project when I heard that. Later today, I have to paint a few flowers before they die.

I'm a little crazy. People say to me, "Oh, you can do what you do with CGI." It's true, a lot of what I do can be done on the computer, but I like to keep things real. The world is smaller, faster, and I'm going in a different way. But I love x-rays, the geek in me likes to see what's inside, how they work, what's hidden.

Aircraft Xray

You could say that my work is a metaphor for life. It's like when you meet someone for the first time and you are attracted to them because they look beautiful. However, what makes you fall in love with someone is what's inside. This is how I feel about these pictures. In my world, these are beautiful things.

Engines & Controls

People say that what I do is interesting, but that is not enough. These pictures must be beautiful or they are not worth making. They want to connect on an emotional level. I've read about guys who are obsessed with blow-up dolls, take them to picnics, to the movies and stuff - literally. So I x-rayed these dolls and guess what? They are as empty as the lives of the poor souls who love them. Is it science or art?

One thing I don't like to work with, which is funny, is the human form. I am more interested in non-living things. When I use people, they are all the same person. It was an Indian girl named Freda. Her bones are in a rubber compression set in a hospital in Kent. If I want to have children, I will reduce it. If someone is playing tennis, I will manipulate her elbows, wrists and shoulders. Those people sitting in the bus I was: all Fred. Campaign for Mini, with a skeleton driving a car: Freda. I owe her. She helped me a lot.

I don't work with dead bodies - although I did something with a horse once, all the blood and stuff came out. Not beautiful. Even worse was when I took a photo of a fast food burger - that was horrible. The brightest thing in the picture is the bone material, so you can see it all. Uh.

Then there are customers who want a man who plays with dogs. Freda has a human role, but I want an animal. If I use mercury, the radiation will kill him within months. So I spent about three days to find the dead dog. I called the animal shelter and said, “I know sometimes you have to put a dog down; Can I have it?” They hung up on me, then, while I was driving, I saw a dead battery on the side of the road, I took it back to the studio, took an x-ray, stretched out the legs and said: "There's your dog!"

Air Museum Network

Black News Hour Presented by The Boston Globe Hosted by black reporters at The Boston Globe, "Black News Hour," a new radio show, delivers credible news that connects with our community and expands on the deep issues facing our city.

Panoramic xray, xray certification, download xray, xray schools, concrete xray, xdr xray, xray glass, xray inspection, industrial xray, ndt xray, xray, ge xray

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code